GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 14:46:26 -0400
Mr. Colly, another powerful rendition of events as they unfolded during
those fateful hours of July 22, 1994. It was great the way you set the stage
by telling us who the Officers were at the GNA and where they were in July
of 1994. I hope as we move on, some of these Officers will come in and fill
in the gaps by telling us about events you could not tell us because you
were not present at the scene and you did not have a reliable confirmation
about what took place at certain locations. We thank you for the authentic
and irrefutable information you are giving (about things you had first hand
knowledge of, if I may add).

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I gather, you were not present at Denton
Bridge when the soldiers crossed over to the Banjul side. It will be
interesting to know from Police Officers that were on the Banjul side, what
transpired to lead people like Singhateh and Yaya to muster the courage to
cross the bridge. In other words, what diffused the stand-off? May be you
have first hand knowledge about what transpired there and you were going to
get to that. However, it will not hurt for other Officers to also come
forward with their varied experiences.

Mr. Colly, again when I read this piece, I did not know whether to cry or
the laugh. Imagine the ineptitude of people like Yankuba Touray that were
stranded in Barra. What can be more moronic than that? It will be
interesting to learn how such a moron managed to gain such prominence in the
AFPRC. Please don't tell us that his only qualification was that he was a
platoon commander. Like Yaya, the moron was also a High School drop-out. I
am almost certain he flunked the test the Nigerians gave you guys; certainly
did not do as well as fine soldiers like your humble self.

Your description of despicable characters like Antouman Saho and his
relationship with the Nigerians, is also quite apt. No wonder why the
bandits reduced him to nothing by making him mayor of Banjul while his
juniors like Ebou Jallow (who was not even in the country when the coup
happened) gained center stage in the AFPRC outfit. The bandits knew that
Saho was not just a moron (that certainly flunked your test) but he was also
a coward and a sell-out. When Yaya et al go, Saho will also go with them. If
he has any sense, he will be making Dakar his permanent home.

Mr. Colly, these revelations are invaluable. Gambians are now for the first
time learning about the phony characters leading them. They are nothing but
common criminals. Jealous, envious, uncouth, lazy; did not want to work hard
for a living. I also hope that Gambians learn from this how exposed Yaya et
al are at an individual level. To take these morons on and remove them from
power is a piece of cake. The cowards are an easier prey now because
nowadays they have tasted the 'good life' and they love life. Previously,
because they had no families, wives, children, houses in Fajara, several
vehicles at their disposal, they could easily lay their sorry lives on the
line. They will not do that now. If 500 Opposition militants were to attempt
to storm the State House, I can guarantee you that Yaya will run away and
attempt to go to Morocco where he thinks he might still be able to enjoy the
'good life'. Gambians should realize that these people do not have what it
takes to even protect themselves. Loose-canons like Edward Singhateh will
the finished in the opening minutes of any confrontation. The moron is sick
and will want to act brave to his detriment. How sick can you be as a
Gambian soldier if you are prepared to take on the American military might
and the Senegalese? The boy is sick. They are all sick.

Gambians should not be fooled by the demeanor of the Singhatehs of this
AFPRC/APRC outfit. If the sadist meant well, he will get rid of Yaya a long
time ago. Same goes for Babucarr Jatta and Yankuba Touray. They are all as
culpable if not more culpable than Yaya. They have the wherewithal to get
rid of Yaya or at least guide Yaya to do the right thing, but they are so
scared, they will allow the Devil to lead them straight to Hell. As for
Singhateh, so long as he has his bunch of 'loyal' thugs surrounding him and
'protecting' him from Yaya, he does not care what Yaya does to the Gambian
people. As for Yankuba Touray, he is a write-off. This man is a joke. Next
to Yaya and Baba Jobe, he is the most corrupt person in the country. He
extorts money from Gambian businessmen in the name of the APRC 'Party'. He
goes to decent folks pretending to be decent. A 'wanna-be' filled with
inferiority complex. He acts cool and thinks that the only way he can prove
his worth to decent Gambian folks is to have female conquests. This puppy is
so childish and moronic, it is pathetic to think that he is a leader in our
country. Instead of going to school or working hard to set up his own
business and give back to society, he stole power, stole a lot of money from
the Gambian people, and thinks that the way to give back is to chase little
girls and give them money and pretend that he is best soccer enthusiast in
the country. What a joke?

Mr. Colly, thanks again for your contributions. I hope as you go along, you
will give us some more insights on the morons leading our country; what
cowards they are. People like Singhateh and Touray almost succeeded in their
ploy to act decent and heap all the blame on Yaya without actually saying
so. They however did not bank on people like you and the ability of certain
Gambians to see through the facade. They will all be exposed for what they
are.
KB