GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sidi Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:03:05 -0500
Ylva,

Again, I say thanks for providing us with these extremely important links. I
did not get back to you after Prague for obvious reasons.  I simply could
not report beyond what I had already said at the time.  However, I have
since established strong links with the NGOs relevant to my assignment in
Abidjan.

Regarding the passage of the User Fee provision by the outgoing Congress, I
have been informed that the Treasury is presently drafting the guidelines
for the US Executive Directors in the Bretton Woods Institutions and the
Regional Banks along the lines of Congressional provisions. In as much as
this development is welcomed, the idea of having the US Congress as the main
driving force behind the desired changes in t
he IFIs is increasingly
becoming a concern to those of us in the South.

The Information Disclosure Policy of the AfDB is not yet up for review but I
am keeping a close watch at developments at the World Bank and the Fund.

Sidi Sanneh