GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
awa joeque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:22:03 -0000
Mr Conteh

I am totally against Female Circumcision, but I concur with you about the
approach that people should take when it comes to dealing with this
sensitive issue.

Calling Female Circumcision 'FGM' is a wrong term and full of sarcasm.  FGM
is a misnomer used by the West to make a mockery of our culture and
tradition.

Awa.