GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saikou Samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:14:18 -0000
Kabir and Saine,
I can also say that I have had the opportunity to talk to People who had
work intensively to  foil this 1981 coup whiles it was in the marking,these
were political activist who were very much aware of the danger that such
might provoke.I am also very certain that Kokoi was neither trained or had
links  with Libya prior to the 1981 coup.If Libya had contact with Gambians
prior to this event then it is most likely with the religious leadership,the
likes of Banding Drammeh who have had a long standing relationship with this
country both open and at one time clandestine.
This is not to rule out the possible fact that if Kokoi had contacted Libya
he would not be given the support he needed.

For Freedom
Saiks