GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:46:55 +0100
On 12 Feb 2001, at 5:18, Lamine Conteh wrote:

> Mr. Camara:
>
> I am disturbed that you are single handedly deciding the L policies without
> inputs from the other list managers.  How can you say, "on behalf of the list
> managers' when non of them has written to affirm?  Please, treat every member
> faily.

Mr. Conteh,
The message you are referring to has been sent to the list on behalf of the
list managers on the 11th August 2000 and I have not yet seen any public
rejection by anyone. Have you? Do you want to tell me that we should let the
Gambia-l turn into a place where people insult each other constantly?  I think
you must agree with me that people have to be reminded once a while before
things get out of focus.

I am not the enemy and you and many others unknowingly might be the enemy of
the opposition parties struggling daily back home. The list has members all
over the world and also from the very organisations you are trying to convince
about the plight of the masses back home. Organizations such as the
Commonwealth, Action aid, European Union, African Development Bank and others
just to name a few. How serious do you think those people should take us when
their mail boxes are filled with childish mails from the Gambia-l daily? No
doubt most of them unsubscribe just after a few days online with us.

Personally, I don't think List managers should be baby-sitters because everyone on this List I suppose is an adult and we expect list members maintain maturity and discuss issues rather than personalities.

> I remember one Babacarr N'jie's insults to Dr. Katim Touray's mother and
> Sister Jabou.  I wrote to complain, but you did not threaten to delist Mr.
> N'jie.  This is double standard and it cannot be tolerated.

Do we have to count how many times so and so has been sending personal insults
to the List?

> Whether you are a closet supporter of the dictatorship, or not, you should
> try to be fair.  Until we hear from the rest of the list managers, I cannot
> agree with your style of management.

Since each one of them are here on the list, I hope that we hear from them if
they disagree to the message sent on their behalf.

> Please try and encourage supporters of the dictator to join the L.  We are
> not driving them away.  The truth of the matter is that they are outnumbered and
> cannot stand our constant ridiculing of the butcher of kaninlai.  We encourage
> the entire illegal government to join the L.  Maybe then they can outnumber us.

Have you ever read anywhere that Gambia-l is only for a certain camp?

Have a good week.

Momodou Camara

"Any one man, woman or child can be what they want
to be; but be the right thing."
                         -----Burning Spear------