GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:01:38 +0100
Fatou,
          I have just been going through the mail and your questions are
found to be pertinent. I wanted to wait until the central committee gives
response to the movement before addressing side issues. I would however like
to note three things: What would be your answer if I were to ask whether the
Liberal Party of Britain is an opposition to the Conservative Party? Would
you not agree that opposition parties are indeed opposed to each other but
could form tactical alliances while preserving their identity? I don't
expect you to answer these questions. There are just food for thought. It is
my duty to address your questions. I believe I will do so by Monday.
To conclude, I must agree with you that I would be a more effective
educationist than a party politician. However a simple lesson I have learnt
as a student is that while it is noble for philosophers or sages to explain
the nature of the world, the real task is to change the world. May be this
is why I am still trying in my own little way to contribute to changing that
world.

Greetings
Halifa