GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ABDOUKARIM SANNEH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:51:00 +0000
Sister Jabou
  You really speak for me that is why I did not want to comment on the issue when it surface on the media. What is happening in that country is madness. Things are getting unbearable and the dictator needs a medical check up. Human life is very valuable and the numerous keep Yaya Jammeh did in that country is affecting his brain cell. Belief me he is gone cracy!!!

[log in to unmask] wrote:
  Malanding,

The authors of the opinion pieces on this crazy issue are much kinder to
Jammeh and this unbelievable claim of his than I would ever be.

The fact that professionals like "Dr" Mbowe are willing to compromise
themselves both personally and professionally like this is truly amazing and is
symptomatic of everything that has gone wrong in our country.

It is incredible that the man and all the yellow bellied stooges who are
afraid to call Yaya Jammeh the mad man he is have not only completely ignored
basic scientific principles that would need to be followed in this case, but
they have truly lost their dignity as human beings and are willing to endure
anything for the sake of keeping their jobs or whatever it is that is making
them put themselves and our country into this shameful situation. I keep
wondering is it possible that Mbowe does not realize that he can never hold his
head up as a doctor anywhere in the World anymore after this is all said and
done? The idea that Jammeh is being let into that hospital and sick patients
left at his disposal can only happen in today's Gambia and Mbowe can remain in
his profession only in today's Gambia.

But, this ridiculous situation is just another example of the fact that the
way Jammeh has been governing our country is proof positive that he and all
those who serve him in this regime hav'nt the slightest idea what they are
doing. The examples where they have demonstrated this are far too numerous
already.

The fact that Yaya Jammeh thinks he can actually pull a stunt like this and
then think the rest of the World will let him get away with it is proof of
his insanity. The man has been doing whatever he likes in the Gambian and
getting away with it for so long that he has come to the point where fantasy and
reality have merged in his mind and those who are supporting him in his
madness know he is crazy (I really believe that he has gone crazy) but they are
doing so because they can maintain whatever priviledges they are enjoying so
long as Jammeh is there, his madness notwithstanding, and they are foolish
enough to think that this fantasy will last forever. They are foolish enough to
forget that there is a tomorrow when they will have to face not only their
compatriots, but the rest of the World.

I get angry when people say that Jammeh is trying to dupe the international
community into believing he has a cure for AIDs so he can capitalize on that.
That is an insult to the intelligence of the international community because
there are indeed proven scientific methods by which proof of any cure have
to be established and the same kind of disregard of reason and the rule of law
that has prevailed in The Gambia under Jammeh does not apply out here in the
rest of the World.

How long does Yaya Jammeh, Mbowe and the rest of the "yes sir boss" crowd
think that this stunt will go on before they have to be paraded before the
entire World as liars and cowards and our country made the laughing stock of the
World?

I understand that WHO has been making requests to come to the Gambian and
conduct the necessary due diligence but of course they have been ignored. If
both Jammeh and Mbowe knew that the claims being made had any substance to
them, they would not hesitate to invite the WHO and any other authority to come
and put it to the test. The fact that they have not done this and instead
think that they can continue to peddle this falacy while keeping everyone at bay
is proof of their ignorance.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 2/13/2007 10:20:10 A.M. Central Standard Time,