GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 06:17:52 -0500
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:37:51 +0800, Jassey Conteh
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

It is indeed refreshing that our inner abilities in
creating a country for all, can only happen if we
understand our differences should not block the
positives that we share collectively.  The Gambia,
our homeland cannot and should not be taken away.  We
cry and say in a loud and clearer voice, "please
dictator yahya, let our people go."  We have a
gigantic tasks ahead of us.  We are tired, but we are
conscious and are willing to take leadership roles in
freeing The Gambia.  Please let us move and match for
a better Gambia.  May the efforts of our leaders
prevail?  May the dictato
r be driven out of
The Gambia?  May the little things that are creating
barrers to our unity be washed by the mighty River Gambia?

The Gambia, I cry. The Gambia, I love. The Gambia,
many of us will call home one day.

Long live democracy and down with dictator yahya
jemus.  Dictator yahya jemus is the worst thing that
has ever happened to the Gambian people.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency

Comrade Jasseh-Conteh

Whilst I welcome your matured reasoning in the current state of events, I
wonder whether you  will still stick to your views on the APRC.
Yes, It is true that President Jammeh has won the Presidential Election and
we have congratulate him for that. However, your views on engaging with
APRC is a bit puzzling, I for one will take a wait and see approach before
endorsing such proposal. If NCP thinks of engaging
with APRC, then we were
all right to believe that SM Dibba has betrayed his colleagues in the
Opposition. Do you remember that period when he decided not to join the
Opposition- Coalition of UDP/PPP/GPP.

If you have decided to change your position on APRC, then is it not time
that you follow suit with Ebou Jallow and apologise as you have riddiculed
him so badly in previous months,  just see your previous statement.

Have a wonderful day.

Sanusi Owens