GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 04:37:33 -0600
Folks,
 Whatever happened to the slogan "Jammeh Must Go"? Apparently, 53 percent
of our population voted that 'Jammeh Must Stay'. Arguably, efforts geared
for the upcoming parliamentary election are baby steps and so the real
task ahead is whether the opposition will unite this time around. Is it
already too late for that to make any significant impact, or are we simply
doomed, for the next five years? If infact Jammeh is offering this olive
branch, and the opposition have accepted it, what reassurance is there that
the APRC will do them any justice? I'm all ears for expert opinions, but
folks we are dealing with Crocs and green snakes in green grass. Perhaps a
coincidence their party's favorite color is green.Just thinking aloud here.
Joe, M.B ,Yus, Sanusi and others, please keep hope alive. Once I have my
thinking hat on, I'll see what I can contribute to the debate, if any. So
far I've gone belly up with politics. I've had it up to HERE!  (o-:)hehehe!

Best Wishes,
Mr Makaveli.