GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:54:44 +0000
Mr. Minteh, thanks for your narrations.  I am particularly interested in Sam
Sarr.  Is he still in the Gambia, or Senegal?  Like you, I believe it is in
the best interest of Senegal to get hold of Sam Sarr if they are to
understand the mind of the criminal that is Yaya and his aspirations in the
Cassamance.  Senegal knew about the crude oil saga and Sam Sarr's role, yet,
it's business as usual.  Wade also knew that the MFDC was headquartered in
Banjul, yet, Wade praised Yaya as the defender of Democracy during his last
visit.  I believe that Senegal know a lot about the the things that go on in
Gambia, the question is why not address the issues directly as opposed to
having silly boarder closures every three months.

"The agents being recruited now to promote that feeling are people who were
in Banjul during that coup(81).Some of these people have been away for the
past 20 years or so and do not even know the  names of the new streets of
Banjul.Those are the ones who can serve as envoys of Jammhe in this BANJUL-
DAKAR COLD WAR ERA.Look at the articles coming from those agents.These are
articles talking about black panthers,Senghore,and touching on a mixture of
crude lessons that promote Francophone/Anglophone sentiments.Those are ploys
that belong to the old days.Please let Jammeh's latest agents tell us
something modern and new."

Minteh, I think you touched on something here.  You see, as a people, we
have to be able to say that something stinks if beyound reasonable doubt we
all know that it stinks.  What Gambian would visit that country and see the
devastation on the faces of Gambians and said zilch about the pain and
suffering of the people?  I think the distraction is quite obvious, yet, we
went along with like nothing is going on.  If you ask me, the piper has been
paid.  I'm glad you saw and pointed out the obvious.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: Binneh s Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: BANJUL-DAKAR COLD WAR,YAHYA ERECTS 81 COUP'S MASS GRAVE IN
>      2004,WHY?
>Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:26:56 -0500
>
>Fom 1994 July 22nd Yayha Jammeh has been frighting a BANJL-DAKAR COLD
>WAR.The more he stays in power the more he tries germinating anti
>Senegalese feelings in the hearts and minds of Gambians.This is yet to be
>effective but sometimes hooks the minds of gullible or weak-minded people
>on both sides.
>Jammeh came to power during Ex President Diouf's time.He began his reign by
>building friendship with one of Diouf's arch rivals at the time,Mr Samuel
>Sarr a Senegalese national who's matrilineal roots come from Banjul.Sarr
>was imprisoned by Diouf for 14 months after the famous and violent
>elections in Senegal which preceded the 2000 elections when Wade came to
>power.Sarr until recently has been wining and dining with Jammeh the
>universal chameleon of the day.Sarr was one of his strong
>messengers,dealers and envoys that handled sophisticated powers of attorney
>from Jammeh.Sarr still has archives(according to reliable sources)that can
>reveal a lot on how Jammeh uses his BANJUL-DAKAR cold war styles through
>disgruntled Senegalese citizens.After the famous crude oil saga Sarr and
>Jammeh severed relations and that was the end of the show between the
>two.Sarr ofcourse is more sophisticated than Jammeh,he invested a lot in
>The Gambia and entanlged the gullible so-called Gambia! n tycoons those
>close to Jammeh's inner circle to the extent it was almost impossible for
>them to invite a fight with Sarr.All that was done,was the usual NIA
>threats and arrests.
>Sarr has strong backing in France and elsewhere so he was out in the
>streets and to date nothing was heard in respect of the crude oil saga.No
>one else can ever give Gambians better details on the famous crude oil saga
>than Samuel Sarr.
>Jammeh decided to shun Sarr and started talking ill behind his back(which
>is characteristic of Jammeh) and he is good president for the consistent
>supporters?
>
>The next step he took after deviating from using Sarr and team was to use
>Abdoulie Kujabi to penetrate the Casamance rebels.That was a good way of
>selling arms and the ideology that would promote the BANJUL-DAKAR cold
>war.Kujabi had and still have links in Casamance,Dakar,G/Bissau and other
>parts of the subregion who helped strengthen the COLD WAR between Banjul
>and Dakar.
>
>When Wade came to power Jammeh used to brag saying that he needed him
>(Jammeh) because Wade was a novice as far as being a president and running
>the affairs of a country was concerned.From the day that Wade openly said
>that he was going to solve the Casamance quagmire within 100 days! He
>automatically became Jammeh's rival.
> [...]

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com