GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:12:07 EST
Police: No suspects Arrested Yet
by Lamin Dibba & Omar Bah – Daily Observer

Police spokesman and officer commanding administration, Superintendent
Pah-Amady Jallow, has said that no suspect has yet been arrested in connection with
the shooting of Lawyer Ousman Sillah.

Supt Sillah's clarification counters speculations that some suspects were
arrested and were being held under police custody since last Friday, hours after
the shooting.

Superintendent Pah-Amady Jallow said, "As far as the police are concerned, we
have not arrested anybody yet. Our mission [and resolve] on this case is
unshakable and we will leave no store unturned."

Asked about the rumour being peddled that the shooting was state sponsored,
the police spokesman retorted, "There is no iota of truth in accusing
government agents of the assassination attempt on Lawyer Sillah. I told you, our
mission is unshakable. This is a cowardly attack and baseless accusation on the
integrity of the government.

This would even increase our resolve to pursue the culprits and bring those
responsible to book. We are vigorously investigating this matter. We have
nothing to hide as the police are going all out to get the culprits but as I am
speaking to you now, no suspect is arrest yet," the media-savvy police spokesman
said.