GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 11:34:18 EDT
Your statements reposted below:

You said:
<<Yusupha, apart from you, no one in this debate is saying that vote-buying
was the main reason for the Kiang debacle. You are misquoting me again.Don't
try to score cheap points. Stick to the facts. where I said in this debate
that vote-buying was the main cause of the debacle.>>

Meanwhile in response to Gassama you wrote:
<<"My personal view is that the majorculprit here was vote-buying. You see,
if one has that view, one will notthen turn around and blame the UDP
leadership
for not putting forward a goodmessage or not being up to the job. That was
where I was coming from when Isaid that we should not be too hard on UDP (in
this instance). I do notbelieve it was their fault that they
lost the election. This is my personalview. You may disagree with that. Fine.
I will try and convince you if I can, if not, I will just let you be>>