GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Darboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 14:18:13 -0700
According to sources coming from Gambia, several people allegedly to be informers for Pa Nderry's online Freedom newspaper are currently in NIA detention in the capital Banjul. Family members of those affected so far were not allowed to see these people pending NIA investigations, according to those family members who went there to see the detainees.

  Fellow gambians! something definately is wrong in our country. How long will gambians continue to live in continual fear of their lives for harrassment, humiliation, intimidation, detention, torture and ultimate death at the hands of yahya jammeh and his thugs. Anytime someone speaks against yahya jammeh and his government, be on the streets,  at a political rally, in an online forum, in a newspaper, in an ordinary conversation with a friend, even in your own bedroom you will be at risk. Unbelievable! Folks something is WRONG!! Something is WRONG in our country!!! But i think whatever is now happening in the Gambia is 99% our fault, we gambians. It is left to us to decide who and how to govern us. It's been 11 years since gambians started swallowing this bitter pill of yahya jammeh's forceful and heavy-handed ruling. When will we open our eyes to stop this madness? How many people were arrested and humiliated in front of their family, detained, tortured, maimed, dispeared
 or killed during yahya's 11 years in power? Is this still not enough for us, or are we still going to wait until yahya jammeh starts chasing and killing us in the streets like dogs? We can't afford to let one man terrorize our country and hold our entire population hostage. This period of time in the Gambia is between life and death for gambians. Unbelievable!!! So gambians must decide for themselves now!