GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:41:24 -0800
There you go again my friend Joe "Kangchunku" calling the Gambia
people (52%)who elected President Jammeh as Janus-faced, money
grabbing folks who know no better.  Listen to yourself:-

"However, historically, the Gambian electorate is two faced,
especially when a little money is sprinkled around."

Where did you get this from, ah?  Where were you on 18th October
2001? You who most probably have never voted in your entire life,
never held any public office or served the Gambian people in any
serious capacity, and now living in some nondescript corner in the US
and yet still have the audacity to pass judgment on the decisions of
thousands of mature adults! I find you astoundingly incredible.

I am not even going to comment on your idle speculations about the
PPP/UDP marriage, and your unfair attacks on Mr. Sherrif Dibba. It is
obvious enough that they mere ramblings.

I will just contend to expose your incoherence in spite of the
dramatic fireworks you have been displaying the entire week.  Listen
to yourself again:-

"It would have been damaging to the Election fund if I were to be
perceived of being critical about the affiliation between the PPP and
the UDP.  And having Mr. Dampha and his chain-saw was a turn-off to
most folks on the list.  I believe that it is to the best interest of
the UDP to distance themselves from the PPP if they are to turn the
tide around.  The PPP is a spent force and frankly a dead weight that
the UDP is going to carry around unnecessarily."

Mister "when it comes to the Gambian interest, I have no friends",
where are your balls (if you have any)?  So fear basically led you to
decide to essentially mislead the few who contributed their dollars
to the fund, eh.  Are you for real?  How can anybody take such a
character seriously?  If you are afraid to speak your mind in
cyberspace cause of Mr. Dampha's imaginary "chain-saw" or other
myriad of excuses, how in the world can anybody trust you to champion
any cause for justice?

My dear brother, you need to take a break and do some rigorous
self-evaluation.  Idle talk only drains your energy.

=====
Ebou Jallow
Georgetown University
Washington, DC