GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:09:55 -0400
Ngai, I also think it is a huge waste of time trying to rationalize with
people like Ousman Bojang and Tombong. These people are in denial. Can you
believe Tombong (who is in Banjul and following the rallies) saying Yaya is
going to ‘win’ by 60% and Ousman Bojang saying that Yaya’s ‘victory’ will be
with a higher margin? If you scratch the surface a little bit, you will
realize the emptiness in these bogus statements and silly punditry. You can
stand up and say that Darboe is going to win by 90%. What is Tombong or
Ousman Bojang going to do about it? But you will NOT do that because you
know it is absurd to just cite numbers from nowhere.

I don’t blame Ousman Bojang as much as I blame Tombong though. We all know
that Bojang is an ignoramus (an ignorant person; I beg the pardon of most
subscribers, but you have to understand that I have to define words for some
of our mental midgets that think that ‘vermin’ is an insult). Bojang just
says what comes to his mind, like a three-year-old. But Tombong back home
saw the rallies. He knows that on Nomination Day a crowd three times that of
Yaya’s followed Ousainou Darboe to the IEC. Tombong knows that they were
having problems getting 5000 people to nominate Yaya because most people
have defected to the Alliance from APRC. But if we forget about the rallies
(like Ousman Bojang wants us to do because he thinks people go to Opposition
rallies and risk being attacked by APRC thugs just to pretend that they are
Alliance supporters) we still have proof that Yaya is finished.

Few days ago, Hamjatta reported here something that some might have missed.
But I did NOT miss it. Tombong also did NOT miss it. How could he? Ngai,
Yaya got a Senegalese Firm come to Gambia to conduct an opinion poll for
him. Internal APRC polls show that Yaya has lost 30% of his support during
the last elections. I understand in the last elections (which he stole) he
polled something like 56% of the vote. Since then, the vermin has
slaughtered our children, made Gambians poorer, stole more from our meager
resources etc. I say the internal APRC polls are even generous to Yaya. If
the vermin does NOT steal the election, he is looking at less than 5% (five
percent) of the votes. I mean, what has the moron got going for him? Our
farmers could NOT sell their groundnuts. Prices of rice, sugar, cooking oil,
kerosene, candles, petrol etc has all gone up. We have a bankrupt economy
living on debt from Social Security and Standard Chartered Bank. Foreign
currency is nowhere to be found in the country. Our hospitals do NOT have
medicine. Parents CANNOT afford to take their children to school. The list
of misery goes on. To top it up, APRC is populated by losers, mental midgets
that could NOT even finish High School. How can these people move us
FORWARD? There would NOT be a Second Round of Voting. Yaya is going to lose
in a big way on October 18, 2001. Why? The Opposition will NOT allow him to
steal the elections this time.
KB