GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:27:48 GMT
Prince,

I don't find anything shocking, or even surprising here. Some of the things
the writer said are true -even if a little exaggerated. The rest is a
classical European approach to anything they don't understand: mystify,
demonize, and dismiss as barbaric or savage. The sad reality is that this
writer has now qualified as an "expert" on Africa just by writing this very
misinformed piece.

Also, reading between the lines, you can see the picture of a school
drop-out Bumster feeding this writer gabbage. We just have a long way to go.

Saul.