GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ndey Jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:23:58 +0100
Seedy,

I think you miss the point. I for one will really want to see a political
change at home and am already part of the process. You are entitle to you
point ,ideas and of course i am entitle to mine.

It will be great if the President meet the Gambian Community at in the US.
If Jawara never did met with Gambians abroad that should not  stop Jammeh
from doing it.  Or are you telling me that it is the saying"Like Father Like
Son".

I also believe that you should wake up to the call cause building schools
and air ports is not what we call development. As you rightly said very few
have access to these sites as well as the schools you are talking about. How
many Gambians can pay their school fees? How many can finish their
schooling?

You see, Seedy i don't make comparison with Jammeh and Jawara cause to me is
a continuity. Making comparism will means one is better than the other. No,
it is a continuation from a bad to a worse  system as simple as that. My
political platform is that Gambians deserve better and i will do anything, I
mean anything to forsee that it happen or lay the foundation for it.

Also, don't forget the politcal platform is what the gambians in the US are
asking from Jammeh today and that  is becoming a cat and mouse game. Where
sub-commitees are formed to hide the true colours of the AFPRC regime. Why
the need for that?

You see, I believe that you choose the wrong topic to debate on, here we are
saying that Gambians abroad need to unity in a more practical bases not to
form a political platform but a forum to effect change, be it politcal,
social, economic, technology etc despite our politcal stands. That is what
we are calling for, the L has gone to a different level now, we have moved
from the stage you are now, to a semi- advance stage as to what can we do in
practical terms to effect changes. So, try to catch up with us and don't
just jump on issues. Or shall i say in the wrong topic.

by the way am glad that you are praying for Him to improve his human rights
record. Don't forget in human rights we don't mean the ability to only say
something but the right to better living standard and  the ability to
understand and defend ones right.

Waiting for your re-bounce

THe struggle Continues!!!!
Ndey Jobarteh