GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:15:27 -0400
I see the mental midget (Essa “snob” Sey) is getting tired of the ‘peeping’
and wants to come back. Well, water will still be settling where it always
settled. He can choose the goofiest name this time and ‘re-subscribe’. We
will still shove his garbage down his throat.

I went back to G_L archives to show good people (like Kabir and Sanusi) what
I meant in my earlier postings and the source of some of my contempt for the
latest ‘reporting’ coming from Gambia. Sanusi, I know you understand my
point and I know Kabir also understands me. But please bear with me and
explore further what is going on here. Here is what I was alluding to.

On March 6, 2002, Essa (snob) Sey wrote: “By the way i have been informed
that two of the architects of GambiaL are currently in the Gambia! I was so
glad because i do pray to ALLAH that they stay there in peace and observe
everything thus see for themselves if junglesunrise was fabricating stories
or not! They will also see if the NIA will pounce on people without reasons.
I do pray to ALLAH that the truth be identified one way or the other! MY
questions are: WOULD A POLICE STATE ALLOW ARCH CRITICS TO CROSS THE AIRPORT
WITHOUT BEING ARRESTED? WOULD A SYSTEM THAT ARRESTS EVERYBODY WHO DARES
CRITICISE ALLOW THOSE WHO CRITICISE IT INTERNATIONALLY STAY THERE FOR TWO TO
THREE MONTHS WITHOUT ANY INCIDENT?! SOME OF THOSE IN THE GAMBIA ARE CRITICS
THAT WE SAW ON LINE AND I RESPECT THEIR CRITICISM SO MUCH AND I WOULD LOVE
TO SEE THEM RECOGNISE OUR EFFORTS. DR.ABDOULAYE SAINE IS ONE THOSE I RESPECT
AND I DO EXPECT HIM TO GIVE US A FAIR JUDGEMENT WHEN HE RETURNS (if he did
go?!). Well as far as i know our DRs crossed the airport peacefully. Or if
some used the 'gaalih lochos" from Barra then the NIA wasn't there to arrest
them either!”

Let us look at these statements. First of all, let me state that the other
‘architect’ of G_L mentioned by Essa (snob) Sey is NOT Dr. Saine. Out of his
two ‘architects’, one is Dr. Touray and the other one, I would withhold his
name until he (himself) decides to enter the ‘fray’. I am by no means
suggesting that that person had anything to do with ‘dealing’ with Essa
(snob) Sey. Matter of fact, Essa (snob) Sey might have unilaterally taken it
upon himself to ‘assure’ the safety of people from NIA shenanigans. Where
matters get sickening is when people fall for this cheap APRC gimmick and do
the AFPRC/APRC/NIA PR job.

When Essa (snob) Sey said that he: “pray[ed] to ALLAH that they [the
architects] stay there in peace and observe everything thus see for
themselves if junglesunrise was fabricating stories or not”, we all know
that the mental midget did NOT just stop at praying. He spoke to people (NIA
operatives, among others) on the ground about the safety of the
‘architects’. The second portion of his ‘prayer’ was the real prayer. He
prayed that the ‘architects’ corroborate Gassama’s LIES. Needless to say,
that will NEVER happen. ‘Corroborating lies’ is an oxymoron.

Essa (snob) Sey also asked the ‘architects’ to see “if the NIA will pounce
on people without reasons.” Does this ring a bell? How does this question
and the ‘right answer’ from ‘our DRs’ (as Essa Sey puts it) fits with the
plight of Dumo et al and the numerous victims of the NIA? To me saying that
the NIA will not pounce on people without a reason tells me that Dumo et al
deserve their plight. This also tells me that people tortured by the NIA
deserve their plight. I was NOT shooting at shadows when I saw what was
being said about the NIA lately. I did NOT just file away Essa (snob) Sey’s
gibberish. I took note and waited patiently. When I saw people narrate their
‘experiences’ at airports, I knew straight away what was going on.

Moving forward, Essa (snob) Sey also asked: “WOULD A POLICE STATE ALLOW ARCH
CRITICS TO CROSS THE AIRPORT WITHOUT BEING ARRESTED?” Does this again ring a
bell? Later in the middle of March where did we hear terminology such as
‘Police state’ and the conclusion that such a thing was not in the country?

The rest of Essa (snob) Sey’s condescending garbage speaks for itself. To
the vermin giving them a ‘FAIR JUDGEMENT’ means that you have to ignore
their vices and exaggerate their ‘achievements’. These people are NOT
interested in the truth. They want people to compliment them for not
harassing you while ignoring the fact that they are harassing innocent
people like Dumo. This is just sick. Why should Gambians in the first place
feel that these thugs have the right to arrest people willy-nilly and when
people are not arrested, it is a big deal? This is ludicrous.

Sycophants like Essa (snob) Sey want people visiting Gambia to come back and
report about ‘roads’ that when you ask the ‘reporters’ for specifics, they
never get back at you. Visitors are prompted to ignore the plight of our
farmers and talk about ‘buildings’ being erected by private individuals that
have NOTHING to do with the government. Like Ngorr said, people are entitled
to change their views and stick with their new views. SM Dibba in broad
daylight stabbed people in the back and joined the APRC. Jawara is in the
verge of committing the most despicable ‘jamfa’ our country has ever seen.
No one that I know of is holding a gun to the heads of these grown men
asking them not to dine with the Devil. BUT we will NEVER allow ourselves to
be taken for a ride. People have to be accountable for their own actions. If
one wants to dine with the Devil, one forfeits one’s right to pretend to be
among the good folks.

As far as I am concerned, I CANNOT reconcile how one can be a genuine
Opposition member and at the same time speak from the same ‘book’ as Essa
(snob) Sey.
KB