GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:12:05 EDT
Joe,

I believe it states that it is a private enterprise that will serve as a
resource for muslims on the Shariah and sunnah. As a muslim who has learned a
great deal about this religion by having access to books on sunnah, and in
the process discovered that there is a lot I did not know, I think this
enterprise is a wonderful idea for muslims in The Gambia.
In Islam, there is the Qu'ran and then there is the sunnah of the Prophet
(SAS) which simply put is the way the Prophet (SAS) lived his life and which
in turn was a practical example of a muslim's way of life as given to him
along with the Qur'an. In a surah in the Qur'an, it says that the Qur'an was
given to the Prophet along with something else like it, referring to the
Sunnah which encompasses the do's and don'ts of every aspect of a muslims'
life There is a geat deal about the Sunnah that we as Gambian muslims do not
know, and this endeavour could serve to educate the people. I agree that this
knowledge will help lessen the need to go to the Islamic court as well if
people are educated as to what teh Shariah ruling is on different matters
that are now coming into court for decision simply because the people
involved od not have this information.
I think it is great, and I hope that they will be able to provide this needed
resource to the muslims. Ever since I discovered the massive amount of
information on Sunnah that we as Gambian muslims are not aware of, I have
often thought about how useful it would be to have a resource like this that
would be available to the muslims who care to make use of it, and i think
there are many who will be thrilled to have this.
To the Jaiteh brothers, this is a wonderful service you have planned, and may
Allah (SWT) bless the endeavour.

Jabou Joh