GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:13:05 +0200
On 8 Aug 99, at 17:04, saiks samateh wrote:
>  Momodou Camara when the list is completed you must have it in your web-side.
> NB; we can do this a collective assignment by discussing the meaning or origin
> of some of these names.If people have suggestions of how this could be done
> better I will very much appreciate it.Come on Bros and Sisters !
>
> For Freedom
>
> Saiks

Saiks,
Thanks for the propasal. I think we will be able to use these names on the
resource site of GESO.

I am sure you and the Manyo will have hundreds of Gambian names to
choose from

Here are some more names:

Monjii (M) Fula
Dado (F)  Fula

Sarani (M)
Sarian (M/F)
Bakoto (F)
Masaneh (M)
Kéring (M)
Jonkong(M)
Jongfolo(F)
Jongsaba(F)
Jalamang(M)
Bora(M)
Jalang(F)

Biram(M)
N'ganarr(F)

Asbjørn, there are some Gambians who are given the family names of the
Imams who converted them to Islam.

regards,
momodou camara