GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 21:06:22 -0700
The Joke,

You wrote:

<<Talking of a feable mind, isn't the Daily Observer a private paper?
Does it make any sense to you, for the APRC to open a website whereby all
and sundry can post whatever they feel like posting and yet discourage the
Daily Observer, not to cover the grumblings of Waa Juwara?>>

Yeah, you just go on to show off your flatness by comparing a well
established national paper with a week old electronic quarry of knuckle-head
absurdity called "aprc web site". I don't need to tell you who owns the
Daily Observer. Joke, quit fiddling with the facts and come clean.

<<My interpretation of the whole hulabaloo is that, a sycophantic Buba
Baldeh is trying to curry favour from the APRC heirachy. With your great
mind, what is your opinion?>>

Who cares if Buba Baldeh is sniffing Yaya's dejections to achieve his goals.
What else is new? Your attempts to trifle what decent Gambians like Waa are
doing as "grumbling" is what I have a problem with. The Daily Obsever
editorial staff has shown a level of decency that is hard to find in Africa
today. To them, what Waa and his coleagues are saying and doing is more than
"grumbling". That's why they are ready to put their lives at a halt to
defend their professional integrity. Not that it means anything to a dolt
like yourself. Buba baldeh will surely reap what he shows likewise his boss.

You asked for my opinion.

Abdoulie Jallow