GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ams boye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 04:04:10 +0100
 Trust me even if they (Darboe-Amat & NADD) compromise and come back together, there is still going to be another division in the long run. Ok what if they come back together, win the elections, be in Govt. and then the sort of thing that happened, happens again??
  Then would the govt. and the state machinery not be at risk?
  I`m not saying this is going to happen neither am i being too pessimistic about the issue, but practically speaking "Dogs and Cats don`t flock together". Do they?
  Hence Darboe and Hamat have decided to keepthemselves at distant from a united opposition that was meant to free the Gambian people as held by many, then my opinion here is that those interested should seek alternative means of empowering NADD other than re-calling Ousainou and co back to it.
  I think if NADD is given the required assistance they`ll be able to forge ahead without further disintegration.
  If this is done, I think NADD will register significant progresses in time to come.
  On the issue of Ousainou and Hamat once more, i feel they should be left to think for themselves on whether to go ahead with their selfish initiative of division or come back to the Union voluntarily without any sort of pressure or persuasion.
  Ofcourse no one should be giving them chocolate bars or ice-cream for them to come back to NADD!!!!!
  If they`re left to feel the pinch, they`ll come back to their senses, or if not continue to perish to nothingness.

[log in to unmask] wrote:
  OJ Jallow in Atlanta, this coming Friday:

Folks, this is just a reminder that this Friday OJ Jallow one of the NADD leaders will be the Key Note Speaker at a Banquet/Dinner Dance. Now more than ever, all of us should join hands and bring the parties back to come together. Let us all come together and put the political pressure, ask the tough questions and let the politicians that we (Diasporans) are not interested in anything less than a coalition.

Time: 10:00PM Reception and Dinner
11:00PM Introduction of the Night's event
11:30PM Key note address from OJ Jallow
12:30AM Questions & Answers

1:00AM DJ takes over the party (looking forward to this part of the evening)

Place: Howard Johnson Hotel at the Starlight Ballroom, 2572 Candler Road, Decatur GA

Directions: Take 20 East, exit on Candler Road and make a left on Candler, and make a right into the Howard Johnson Hotel right behind the Poppeyes chicken.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい