GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:04:25 +0200
I want to conclude the story of Paps Touray  and Badou Jobe in a
positive note and carry on with the story of Ifangbondi ,the future of
the Gambian Music Industry and the acheivements of Paps Touray
.But I first of all want to make some points clear to the readers of the
Gambia-L to answere to the baseless allegations by Badou Jobe as a
respond to my documentary on Ifangbondi.and the Legend Paps Touray
(R.I.P.) People want to know. I will only give out information and
education about our history ,Art & culture and whaw to be done about it.

I want to concentrate on the Acheivements of Paps Touray and not the
downfall of Babou Jobe and his New Ifangbondi .(The Libidorr Band
Musicians and  Musical arrangements i9s the present Ifangbondi ).Please
listen to GisGis, it is Libidorr and Alieun Jow.

THE US TOUR

The long writing delt with a tour that never was, He talked about it at
lenghy with names but no dates. In his writing  he mentioned we were met
by US tax officials and debts with promoters and legal action from
agants.ALL HAVE NEVER HAPPENED. The tour was cancelled . There was no
tour. You have been MISINFORMED.

So all thoes musicians having to pay their own tickets ,including names
never happened. Since Badou Jobe decided with his wife that all the
money of the tour should go to them and not to include: Paps Touray, Bye
Janha,Samson, Ali Harb in his New Ifangbondi, I cancelled the tour.

Sisters Sisters Cancellation
I also have to inform that the former  Secka Sisters band were invited
to my festival in 1998 . I paid for roundtrip tickets for all ,they came
a week later and missed the festival. I should have taken legal action.

Legal Battle
I moved my festival to Amsterdam and someone else used my logo., so that
was why I had a legal battle over my festival..I was not paid so I
decided to move .

The copyrights of Paps Touray
All the songs on the Soto Koto album with Paps Touray gave all the
composition rights and credits to Paps Touray and in songs, the rights
goes to Paps Touray and Senemie Taylor. You can read this on the album
covers.

My Wives and many women( Why this)?
Never visit this topic again.

I have documentations on all these subjects and I can make them aviable
on the Gambia-L to prove my case without insults. This is a subject of
debate and everyone can learn from this. please respond to my reaction
to false allegation. PROVE IS LAW.

Respectfully yours
Oko Drammeh
Soto Koto Music

P/s: There are many Gambian musicians here  in Holland who have been
brought from The Gambia to Holland. by Badou Jobe .They all left the
band with( some of the finest young musicians from The Gambia.) They all
quit  Ifangbondi because of  the Salaries in dalasis. Some of them
included Kebba Taylor ( son of Senemie Taylor) now in the Gambia, Ousman
Beyai ( left in a Hospital to decide his fate for himself), Drummer
Sering,  Badou Njie (bele), Ebou Mbye drummer , Shiek Samba,(Vocalist)
etc, the list goes on and on.and this is how I met up with Paps Touray.
The Story continues!!!!!

Read the next article
 On the Might and Influence of the Ifangbondi Institution.