GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulaye Saine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:52:28 -0500
G-L Community:
I have received several phone calls and e-mail messages since the
proposals were posted. Most urged us to move ahead on the proposals.
Katim Touray's latest suggestions and those by Bakary Sonko specify in
particular, the need to form a "Group of 10." I accept the role of
coordinator and urge members of the Bantaba to post names of prospective
members on the L or to me privately.

My objective is to ultimately identify 15 individuals who are
representative of the views on the L, at home and reflect Gambia's
diverse social, ethnic, political, religious, gender and age
sensibilities. The final 'Group of 10" will be submitted to the Bantaba
for approval/disapproval, if necessary.  Those on the list of 10 who
decline to serve could be replaced by any of the remaining 5
individuals.

These 15 individuals as Katim suggested should not come from the Bantaba
exclusively and should include those at home and Gambians in the
Diaspora. I will contact all those on the list at my expense. Please
send me the names of prospective members together with their phone
number(s), home, work and e-mail address if available.

Cheers!
Abdoulaye