GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 01:21:04 EST
Maram,
Burr Banjul was a very interesting player and  I was privileged to see him
play a few times for Wallidan at the Independence Stadium during the mid -
80s.  Before his brief stint at Wallidan, it was reported that he had plied
his trade in Holland.

If memory serves me right, he played the sweeper or stopper position for
Wallidan.  One of his redeeming qualities was  an extreme calm under
pressure. He also had the rare  ability to organize from the back.
Unfortunately, his tenure at Wallidan was short lived because he left the
country shortly after playing a few games for the side.  But just based on
his performances in those few games, he showed that his play was of the
highest order.

With this introductory info about Burr, I have to cede the stage to those
members of this forum who have been watching the game for a longer time than
me and to those that have photographic memories. Undoubtedly, they will
provide us with some wonderful info about The King.