GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:08:29 +0000
Boy oh boy!  Why don't these people stop assaulting our intelligence?  This
is normal operation for them and just like the locust, WILL infest our
landscape every other year or so.  Well, Ndure will not say he was not
warned as he grinned accepting his appointment.  Those that replace them
better take note.  Our brothers and sisters in the Army will wake up soon
from their slumber, SOONER OR LATER.  How many times will Yaya conduct a fox
round up on you'll?  The last time he chased them to the market and this
time to Brufut.  Next time he ask you'll to kill innocent civilians, you
better remember that after that, you may be next on his list.  Gambians,
this is not a coup and we need to stop addressing it as such.

The opposition leaders must stand firm for this design has their names
written over it.  Under this dragnet, any is a potential victim.  Do not be
surprised for the Dirimo to pronounce a freeze on rallies in the name of
national security, or shadow you in the name of person of interest.  Someone
mentioned here that he hope the justice system will accord these victims due
process.  Are you kidding me?  What Justice system?  Consider some of these
people dead if they are not already.  Those that are lucky will be tortured
mercilessly to the point that they can name their own mother as a
conspirator.  What they call "the detainees are helping us in our
Investigation", means they are torturing them out of their senses and they
wish they were dead as I write.  The silence of Gambians in the face of this
bestiality allows Yaya to continue with these Fox hunts.  As long as we
remain distant and uninterested in the plight of the victims, the more our
silence give him the perception of legitimacy.  These guys are someone's
father, brother, or friend and they could have been you and mine's own
blood.  Thus, we need to see this set up as an assault on all of us.  I can
only imagine what their state is as I write.  What these people are capable
of doing to a human being will knock us out of our senses.  The stuff you
hear from the NYPD or LAPD will pale to what these folks would do to the
flesh.  This is pathetic.  Please read on.

PRESS RELEASE ON THE COUP PLOT

The General Public is hereby informed that in the course of conducting
routine security surveillance, the security forces discovered in the late
hours of yesterday (Tuesday) that a group of army officers led by Colonel
Ndure Cham, former Chief of Defence Staff were at an advanced stage in their
plot to overthrow the constituted government of the Republic of The Gambia.

All those involved are presently tinder custody and helping the security
forces in their investigation, except the leader who is still at large.

He was last seen driving a Renault Megane (KM 7171 A) within the vicinity of
Brufut. The general public is hereby urged to come forward with any useful
information on his whereabouts. This should be reported to the nearest
security agency through the following numbers:

I 12-Police

4224247- Army

4225771- Army

The general public is further warned that any attempt to assist the fugitive
tantamounts to aiding and abetting which is a punishable offence.

While thanking them in anticipation for their cooperation and patriotism,
the general public is hereby assured that there is no cause for alarm as the
situation is firmly under control. They can go about their normal business
as usual.

Meanwhile, His Excellency the President of the Republic is pleased to
appoint Lt. Colonel Lang Tombong Tamba as Chief of Defence Staff, with
promotion to the rank of Colonel, Major Peter Singateh is hereby appointed
Deputy Chief of Defence Staff to the rank of Lt, Colonel, Mr. Harry Sambou
is hereby appointed Acting Director General of the National Intelligence
Agency, while Mr. Ngorr Secka is hereby appointed Acting Deputy Director
General of the NIA.

All the foregoing appointments are with immediate effect.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい