GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:02:01 -0800
Hi folks,

I'd like to say a big "Thanks" to Jabou for the eloquent way she replied to Gassa's
posting.  I certainly couldn't have said it better.  I hope what she has to say is
the subject of serious study and reflection by the powers that be, because she
summarizes the whole point about the countless prostests, and petitions against, as
well as comdemnations of the Jammeh government.

As has been said before by many people, the issues people raise against the present
government are fundamental, and of universal importance, and for this reason will
remain of concern irrespective of who is in power.  The sooner president Jammeh and
his government realizes that, the better for them and all of us.  Indeed, it is worth
reminding president Jammeh and his supporters that the very people that are hounding
them for their abuses of human rights will also fight for them in the event, God
forbid, they (i.e. president Jammeh and his supporters) have their rights trampled
on.  It's that simple.

I still would like to share some thoughts I have on the recent budget speech given by
Mr. Jatta, the SOS for Finance.  I found the budget interesting reading and will
later today send you some of my thoughts about it.  Until then, have a great day
(evening) and best wishes.

Katim