GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ndey Jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:56:31 +0000
Momodou,

Thanks. I also congratulates all our mothers, sisters, aunts and daughters
on this important and significant day in the struggle for the total
liberation of all women especially the Gambian women. In memeory of the late
Satang Jobarteh who has faught so much for the betterment of the Gambian
women and she die fighting for justice and development for women. This is
also extended to all the gender activist at home.

We had a very interesting meeting at Sunghu-bali women's group at Sunghu
village. These are group of women who raised their own funds with their men
folks to build their village school, hospital and market. I was so impressed
and challenged by these ordinary women, who has shown alot of courage and
passion in community development and caring. I congratulate them again on
these wonderful efforts and successes.

The Struggle Continues!!!
Ndey Jobarteh