GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lang Tunkara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:58:53 +0000
Pa Saikou:

You have said it all.  Halifa and certainly his PDOIS/NADD bodies seem to be
the Alices leaving in wonderland.  I just don't understand how they can
proclaim themselves as the popular opposition party in the Gambia.  I have
seen this misleading statement written in some forums by their so-called
propagandist and in any case, I just couldn't help but laugh.  I wonder if
these people coming with these rotten ideas, are from the same Gambia you
and I came from and if they bother to find the truth themselves or rely on
hearsay about what is going on.  NADD certainly wishes it is the popular
party.  But it doesn't seem obvious.
History is a beautiful thing as every sane and objective individual use it
to learn from past events.  Even the insane could use it to make decisions
at times.  Few months ago, something interesting; something that should
serve as a great lesson particularly for NADD camp and the politicians in
the Gambia happen.  The by-election in the kombo north had proved the
NADDers that they are nothing but a minute minority in the Gambia.  And it
is about time they accept the palpable.  Don't make your self what you are
not!!!
The failure of  PDOIS and her leadership, to establish it as viable
political party, has has everything to do with the people who were in
charge.  The pompous arrogant attitude that seem to be displayed by these
so-called PDOIst. And we are witnessing similar trends going into NADD.  Too
damn bad!!!
And in the Gambia that I hailed from, you are always a minority if you put
yourself above everybody.  You have to levelled yourself to them.  This is
exactly what the Halifas have portrayed themselves to be.  That behavior has
worked well against them time and time again especially at the polls.  And
when they got bitten at the polls, it is everybody's but their fault.  They
will accuse others of vote buying and many other things.  Time will tell who
the popular oppositon party is.