GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daddy Sang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:02:03 -0700
Why do we have to label people with invectives such as vermin; the fact
that Mr. Roberts moved the counting to 18 days is in no way criminal
because the act have not taken place and if it took place, an evidence of
fraud must be determined to call it a crime. Gabbi Roberts's move is at
best confusing and at worse smelly. Unless the Gambia is highly
computerize, on the spot counting will never happened. Lets give officials
a chance to perform their duties,after which we can accuse them of whatever
base on their handling of affairs. Intemperate language hauled at officials
before an election does nothing but divide us. so people, lets be vigilant
in our zeal for change but lets also be civil about it.
Thanks
Daddy Sang

Gambians
> are no longer prepared to let Yaya hold them hostage. This is another ploy
> by Gabriel Roberts. He is merely testing the waters. He tried 42 centers.
> When he realized that he could get away with that, he decreed 18 centers.
> The bottom-line is that the Opposition should be 100% certain that this
> election will NOT be stolen. The Opposition has to be absolutely sure that
> the ballots are NOT tampered with as they are moved from polling stations
> counting centers. I hope the people realize that the less counting centers
> we have, the more ballots we have to move from point to point. Dare I ask
> who is supervising the transportation of these ballots? What will happen
if
> the ballot convoys are ambushed by APRC thugs? Vermin like Roberts are so
> paralyzed with fear that he CANNOT think straight. Do NOT negotiate with
> him. The man CANNOT keep his word. Yaya is playing him like a yo-yo. This
> election is the ONLY chance the country has to effect a peaceful change in
> the country. We must NOT let vermin like Gabriel Roberts plunge the
country
> into civil war.
> KB

> if you have problems accessing the web interface and remember to write
your full name and e-mail addres