GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2006 00:56:12 +0000
Mo, thanks for your post and I agree that the opposition should have been
consumed with campaigning against Jammeh, together, but that is not to be
and I think most Gambians have reconciled or are close to reconciling with
that disappointment.

Gambians have been asking anyone that wish to lead them to show us their
road map and thus the reason why NADD spent almost three years to come up
with one.  With the split, Gambians now want to match the two strategies of
the opposition and adopt the one that would give us results.  So, when the
UDP/NRP present us with a documnent that most have never seen, since their
appearance as a party, naturally, it draws most of us to it.

Then a bombshell gets dropped that the document is taken from the among
other players, the APRC.  Regardless of the fights we had  within the
opposition camp, it is very very vital that we scrutinize any that want to
lead us, especially, having seen what Jammeh has done to us, the more
important that we cross our Ts and dot our Is.  This is not about those that
do not support UDP/NRP finding an excuse, but rather, whether the UDP/NRP
are infact ready and equipped to lead us.  We had said we "Give the Boys a
Chance", now look at what the Boyz have done and will continue to do for us?
  Thus, if we excuse this because we should not expose the opposition, then
we are bound to repeat the same mistakes.  What the AFPRC is doing to
Gambians, other "civilian" governments in Africa are doing to their people.
I support NADD, but the faith of Gambia is over NADD's any day.  We want to
be liberated and not be railroaded.

I am just speechless that all these years that the UDP, especially, have
been claiming that they have the numbers and should lead the opposition,
that they do not have a road map to lead us to the future.  Even if they
wrote a page a month, they would have had a strategy moons ago, adding to
the material that the AFPRC provides them daily.  So, let's say the UDP wins
this election, what are they going to do for Gambians?  It is an
embarrassment that such a party with legal minds would drop the ball at the
last minute of the contest.  It is the truth that will set us free and
Gambians must challenge any that wants to lead them.  If we don't, then we
are playing Russian Roulette with our future.

Chi jaama

Joe

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい