GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 05:52:48 +0200
Saul,

I like what you write! I have some things to say but I want to wait until
our dead are buried. I also did not want to shift the focus form the
murderers. If any naive persons believe that they can fight Yaya with silk
gloves on, they need some lessons on real politikk! They haven't been
studying Jammeh's personality. But more on that later.

I had been turning and tossing in bed for three hours before I finally gave
up trying to go to sleep, all because of Jammeh and his apologist running
dogs! Normally I should have been up in a couple of hours time. Here, I sit,
dry eyed, chain smoking.  I don't know how I manage not to get high blood,
like you whiles at the same time trying to keep myself from writing until
after our clown returns home to tell us if and when we can bury our fallen
heroes. Jammeh and all those who help maintain him in power don't deserve MY
respect. Period.

Before I get carried away I should just say that we need to be very vigilant
about those who only dared talk openly against Jammeh after the 10th. You
and I, and I must say some others did not sit on the fence until we thought
we had read in which direction the wind was blowing before we decided to be
counted, and they got the guts to moralise here, NOW of all times. Later.

Regards.

Kabir