GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:32:51 -0800
Dear all,

First, let me apologize for my long period of silence, and my zero contribution
to the debate, dialog, and yes, shouting that's been going on the list.  I've
tried to read as many of the postings as I can (which hasn't been much), even if
it means skimming them.  In general, I've kept up with the gist of what's on,
and I have to say, you all make me very proud.

This one is going to be short, so I'd like to mention a few important issues.
Such as my belated condolences to all those that have lost loved ones in the
recent past.  I'm not going to name names simply because I would then risk
forgetting some without intending to.  Suffice it is to say that I pray that God
gives all of you strength in your difficult times.

Many of us have also had  happy moments and event such as having babies, getting
back to school and all that.  Congratulations to all of you, and best wishes to
you and your babies, and/or with your studies.  Again, I would not name names,
to avoid getting into trouble!  It's always great to hear that Gambians all over
are excelling, as in when a Gambian was elected to a local government or town
council in Denmark or some other European country.

I said I was going to keep this short, so this is it! But before I sign-off, I
would like to congratulate all of you for the wonderful work that's been going
on in regards standing up to the Jammeh government, and exposing them and their
cronies for the incompetent, and corrupt bunch they are.  I hope to be able to
send my two buttuts of opinion on much of what happened in the past few months.
But in the mean time, I just want to say congratulations again, and as we say in
The Gambia, may God reward you.

Have a great week, and best wishes in your work and, for those fasting, with the
Ramadan.

Katim