GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suma kadu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:47:40 -0000
Francis,
When I was in the Gambia, I heard nothing but good things from friends
about England. Well, I was culture shocked to found about the word
"Racism" for the first time. Not all but most whites didn't treat me
the way I anticipated. I was misinformed in so many ways that I never
thought there were homeless and mean people in England, thanks to those
beautiful brochure showing Trafalgar Square. Most people are speaking
out for the poor and against the injustices which a third-party like
you care less to notice. You just want to go and have fun and enjoy
the sun. People are dying because of this governement but what do you
know. That same government is telling your government everything is ok.
Give anyone a bottle of Budweiser, sunglasses and day in the beach and
they will say life is good in the Gambia. Abusive language are more
befitting for racists than members of the Gambia-L. As much as I
dislike people engaging in such acts, I do detest someone telling me my
problems when they have a bigger problem. What have you contributed to
this list and to the Gambia since you became a member, or do you just
wait and wish for a moment like this to insult our intelligence. Your
likes are becoming a trend. When there are members on this list risking
their lives every day to keep the masses informed people like show a
deaf ear, but they atleast warn you ahead of time and it's then up to
you take their advice or leave it. In my case, I'd wished someone told
me what England was like. This governement will never tell you that in
the Gambia today, people are being abducted for no apparent reason and are
languishing in the jail cells. What do you care Francis Glenn?

Prof
Assan Jagne