GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:42:13 -0500
Dear Mr. Sidibeh:

I must admit that I am impressed with your
contribution in the L.  You are trying tirelessly
in narrating events in Sir Dawda's government and
the illegal government that is  precisely
tormenting The Gambian people.

You have the right to carry on with your style                 of
journalism. My concern, however is that we              should dwell in the
present rather than the past           because of continuous suffering of
the Gambian people.         Sir Dawda's past cannot yield us an eventual
defeat
of the butcher of kaninlai, but will give a level
of acceptance to the moron of his continuous
tormenting of the very people we are trying to
free.

As an anti-jammeh crusader since July 22, 1994, I
am disturbed that some of us in the struggle are
not sensitive to the level of damage we are
putting the opposition in.  While we have the
right to disagree in surmising insurmountable
problems in our country, we must agree
unilaterally that moron jammeh is the worst thing              that has ever
happened to The Gambia.  We must as            citizens of The Gambia embark
on a point of political       analysis that a continuation of this madman
will further      create a Gambia in disarray.

The interest of The Gambia in totality must prevent
us from laying foundations for the dictator to
legitimize on.  I was moved by the actions of NCP,
PPP and GPP in sending delegates to the House of
Commons' Meeting in the United Kingdom.  Memories
instantly came as I revisited the friendship
between Hons. S.M.Dibba and Hassan M.Camra.  I
asked myself why did they eventually became
bitter enemies, and why are they now seeing
eye-to-eye? I remember these two great gentlemen
coming to Faraba Banta Primary School.  I
vividly remember their summons to the student
body.  I ask, why didn't any Gambian approach
these men and Sir Dawda about their divisions, and
the danger to The Gambia?  I hate to tell you
dear brother, but the reason why most people did
not intervene was the fact that they were seeking
their own interests.  Divisions between S.M.,
Sir Dawda and Hassan Musa made the selfish gained.

Should we as the next generation of Gambian
leaders continue on with the same style of
politics?  Should we as members of the struggle
seek unity and find every means of impregnating
the Gambian country with a yahyaless baby?  My
answer of acceptance is the latter that I
sincerely believe will yield the most fruits out
of our harvest.

In summation, I want to thank you for your
contribution.  I hope you will realize that
politics is a very dangerous game, and the
interest of a nation must be the guiding
principle in our political analysis.

May the prayers of our elders germinate.  May
the ghosts of the slaughtered students follow
the moron of kaninlai.  May we witness
a united opposition against the dirimo of
kaninali.  May the wishes of the silent majority
be realized come October.  Long live democracy
and down with dictator yahya jemus.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh