GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 13:30:35 -0000
Saul,

What I could gather from your piece is that you have conceded that at least
during the early stage of the coup I was not the manipulator with 'superior
intelligence'. However, you insisted that I should explain what happened
later. Okay, that is fair enough. In fact that is precisely what I have
promised to do and I am doing everything on a chronological order, and I
insist that up to the period that we were being taken to court for
challenging Decree No. 4, no Gambian public figure ever challenged the
AFPRC. You are talking about what people did later. Let me remind you that
it is Halifa Sallah you put in the accused box. Halifa Sallah is, therefore,
simply putting up a defence. Please don't come again and accuse me of
focusing too much on myself. Allow me to do the explanation and I hope you
will be fair enough to challenge other public figures to also explain
themselves. Otherwise, I will begin to doubt your impartiality and
objectivity.

Halifa Sallah.