GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:27:09 -0000
Jabou,
           The sovereignty of the country resides in each and every one of
us irrespective of whether one is  here or abroad. We have a right to
information. This is the only way we can make informed choices. Ignorance
and poverty pose the greatest threat to democracy. No leadership can
legitimately claim to be democratic as long as it presides over the poverty
and ignorance of their people. I can see from the crrosscorespondence in the
L that many people are starved of information regarding the concrete reality
on the ground. We will try to do our best to renew contact with the L as
long as you take every thing we say with a grain of salt. All of us need to
be critically minded so that we can convert information into realiable
knowledge to guide the decisions we make.
Thank you for the challenge. We hope we will equal our task as a political
party. You may reqest for postings from FOROYAA and PDOIS and we will gladly
include you in our mailing list.

Greetings

Halifa