GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 00:38:35 +0000
Another court will not hear Fatou's case because of lack of jurisdiction. I will have to say; maybe not all is lost with justice in the Gambia, especially with the Judge at the Banjul courts. There is indeed a silver lining that some Justices in that country are honorable professional, and are not willing or cannot proceed with a case that is so flawed. What is about this case that the status quo is willing to risk the rule of law in the Gambia, to go after a Gambian that they may not like or agreed with? The Attorney General has failed to maintain the rule of law in the Gambia. How can you sit idly by and allow mockery to the whole justice system.

The question I have to the legal minds on this forum: just because the NIA arrested Fatou at the Yudum International airport, how does that give jurisdiction to Brikama? For instance, if I allegedly commit a crime in the state of Georgia, and ended being arrested in the state of North Carolina. Can NC have jurisdiction to such a case?

Mr. Prosecutor it is time to call off the harassment of this lady, and bring back dignity to the laws of this country. She does not have a case to answer. Period.

Musa Jeng

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい