GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
tester testers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 10:05:15 -0700
Mr. Touray:  Thanks for your recent posting, quite
scary and shocking.  You've posted some very
interesting writings.  I've been X'mly b-z and just
have enough time to browse thru the board recently.  I
 want add a couple of lines.

Are we going to sit here in cyberspace and hold
endless comments on the problem or are we going to
REALLY do something about it as Gambians.  A time
comes in the life of every nation when there remains
only a few choices. And that time has arrived in The
Gambia.

It hurts to know that all the constructive comments
posted on this list are probably never delivered to
the appropriate recipients.  Even assuming that they
get to it, it will be tossed in a garbage can coz
there is no force behind it.  It also hurts that the L
is full of great intellects, some abroad holding PhDs
with amazing experiences with little or no
contributions to their country.  Are we cursed or are
we fearful?  When will we have amongst us, someone
with the courage of Nelson Mandela, the heart of Dr.
King, and the beliefs of Ghandi to lead us against
injustice and open up new light for all of us.  Only
God knows.  When will we be united for a common cause
that frees us all from political bondage and social
malpractices?

It's nice to read and enjoy these postings, but do we
ever think about our children.  Have we paved a way
for our children or just a bush track that leads you
to the middle of nowhere. And not a map or prayer
would help you retrack your path.

WE NEED TO BE HEARD AND WE CAN ONLY DO SO THROUGH
COMING TOGETHER AS ONE.

Regards!

Essa