GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pa Nderry M'bai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:49:23 -0700
www.frontpageafrica.com

Preliminary Results: Sirleaf, Leads; Weah, Follows; Brumskine and Tubman,
Neck-n-Neck

John Walsh
Monrovia Bureau Chief

Monrovia, Oct. 12-In the first of preliminary results announced by the
National Elections Commission (NEC) Wednesday afternoon, Unity Party’s
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and the flag-bearer of the Congress for Democratic
Change (CDC) George Weah are front-runners; followed by Liberty Party’s
(LP) Charles Walter Brumskine and National Democratic Party of Liberia’s
(NDPL) Winston Tubman, neck and neck.

“The two front runners in the presidential race from the preliminary
results are Ellen Johnson Sirleaf with 24.6 percent; George Weah at 21.2
percent; Charles Brumskine and Winston Tubman follow at 10.2 percent
each,” Cllr. Frances Johnson Morris told a press briefing late Wednesday
afternoon.

http://www.frontpageafrica.com/RunScript.asp?page=26&Article_ID=127&NWS=NWS&
ap=NewsDetail.asp&p=ASP\~Pg26.asp

Copyright  1994-2005 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service -
Guidelines

NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.

To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy