GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 05:03:18 -0000
God Damn it, what the hell is wrong with the lot of you? Narrow minded
bigotry will not bring about salvation to the common man in the Gambia. Some
of you can never bring yourselves to accepting the truth for what it is.
Chogan is potentially as big a murderer as they come. I hear everyone
saying, I know him from here, I know him from there. What the heck? Ebrima
Ceesay perhaps knows him more than most of you talking rubbish. Ebrima lived
not more than 130 metres from Chongan. He knows that Chongan was an absolute
brute. Ask Ebrima if he knows Pa Jatta. He lived less than 30 metres from
Chongan and was atleast a good 15-20 years his senior. Chongan ordered his
arrest, detention and torture to the point that Pa Jatta, for three days,
just wanted to eliminate him. His crime? Just calling him "Suma rakka". I
Know very well that both Joe Sambou and Ebrima Ceesay know Pa Jatta. For
those who don't know him, he once used to run Pontinetto bar and restaurant
and was as good a fella as they come.

I have tried to ignore all that is going on, but I just can't stomach it any
more. It makes me wonder what sort of democracy you people are fighting for
if people can no longer speak their minds. As much as I abhor what was
metted out to Chongan and Ebou Colley, there is no doubt in my mind that
Chongan was also very brutal and terrorised many people under, a seemingly
human rights oriented government. It horrifies to think what he is God damn
capable of if he was in Singhteh's or Yankuba Touray's shoes. Pope John Paul
said that "murder is murder whatever the motive" and I say that "torture is
torture is torture what ever the circumstances". If you want, please
sympathise with him and Colley but do not tell us that Chongan was a saint.
In my book, he could have been even worst than Sana Sababbly or any other.
Here is somebody who wilded limited power under "one of the most democratic
of African nations" terrorising his own people; how about if he was part of
the ruling junta? For God and heaven's sake do not hate Yahya to the extend
that you are blinded from reality. The Gambia belongs to us all and we
deserve better. To say that getting rid of Jammeh is so important to you
that you don't mind what idiot comes after him is very dishonest and down
right stupid.

Kebba Dampha, Hamjatta Kanteh and Ansuma Kujabi, please calm down and listen
to what others are saying. If you've never witnessed the guy's brutality,
please keep your cool. For all intents and purposes, Chongan is potentially
worst than anything you've ever known. I am sure Ebrima Ceesay like me, does
not want to be drawn into this fruitless debate. However I know that of all
the people on the L that I know, he is in a better position, than most, to
tell us about Chongan's thuggery/savagery. Ebrima Ceesay lived less tha 150
metres from Chongan.

It is so disheartening when people try to "accedemize" every God Danm thing
to the point point that common sense does not matter at all. Just pathetic,
if you ask me.

Have a good day and bye 4Now, KB Jobe.