GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 01:28:58 +0100
                                  EDITORIAL:THE GAMBIA IS A FAIL STATE-NO HOPE FOR CITIZENS!!!
       EDITORIAL
  THE GAMBIA ENTERS THE LIST OF FAILED STATES: Our country sits at the border line
  By:Associate Editor Yankuba Jambang
  Barely a month ago when I wrote a piece on Jammeh's failing regime, the republic of The Gambia has entered the fray of failed states as it lingers on the border line, according to foreignpolicy.com. Although we ranked 60, while Ivory Coast, Sudan, Somalia and others top the list, The Gambia's entry to this failed club is sorrowful and alarming. Why are getting there? I believe are getting there for the following reasons:

  JAMMEH IS A FAILED LEADER!!!
      The Gambia as a state cannot provide the security of its citizens within its own borders. Like our mentor, Baba G. Jallow rightly put, our state has become the source of insecurity instead of providing security for our people. A state's primary function is to provide "the security of its citizens". Jammeh's government failed woefully in providing security for Gambians- innocent Gambians continue to disappear without traces, people got killed and their killers are never known. The regime is still unstable with unending claims of coup D'etas which result in executions!
  Law and Order- It's known to the international community that The Gambia is virtually a lawless country where government tramples on the rights of average citizens on daily basis; Gambia government ignores court orders and disregards the supreme constitution of the land in broad daylight.
  The government has failed in maintaining vital public corporations that run public services like water and electricity, transportation and road networks, telecommunications, a vibrant private sector led investment opportunities.
  The government cannot provide basic health care services for its people. Big hospital buildings lacking medicines and qualified doctors and other health care professionals. It's a sad story day in day out when our people in the country side cannot have enough ambulances to rush their sick ones and pregnant women to 'hospitals'.
  It's a shame to The Gambia that even Guinea-Bissau that mired in several years of conflict was no where near the list. Our neighbours, Senegal, Cape Verde, Sierra Leone all made it out from this disgraceful list of incompetent governments around the world! I have said it in my previous piece that those in support of Jammeh's cruel regime to challenge these views by telling us what this government has given us [Gambians] other deaths and debts!

Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 (Archive on Tuesday, May 30, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return
        Rating:           [input] 1   [input] 2   [input] 3   [input] 4   [input] 5    Comments:      Save
          Current Rating:  3.60                        Rating:   4    Please check your own comment before talking about Pa's.            Rating:   3    go edit your mamas spelling and grammar            Rating:   3    please pa make sure you edit propely grammer & spellings            Rating:   3    deaths and debts! You are the man!            Rating:   5

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい