GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Seedy SaidyKhan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:01:10 EDT
Ndey,

As usual, I was very disappointed when I read your mail. There is absolutely
no sense in your postings. You have no issues of whatsoever to bring to any
political platform that is worth discussing. At this stage of the political
life of our beloved nation, we need people with outstanding ideas that can be
put into force for a meaningful socioeconomic and political changes. You do
not have to agree to what others have to say, but you must learn to listen.

What do you mean by Mr. Jammeh should meet The Gambian community in the US?
As I said in my previous posting, he met those he wanted to meet. So what's
the big deal? How do you expect Mr. Jammeh to meet someone like you? I will
be very disappointed to see or hear about that. Moreover, when I made mention
of Mr. Jawara not making such meetings, I went further to say that it never
stopped MOJA-G and others from their struggle. I do not really understand the
pressure on you in meeting Mr. Jammeh.

Ndey, there are so many writers out there who share their thoughts with
others. However, they know how to do it. Never try to impose your ideas (if
any) on people. And you do not have to be emotional if someone does not agree
with you. Instead, it's a question of selling and persuading. In addressing
the social, economic and political development of The Gambia, there may
always be a need to look at the past. There is an old English adage that
goes: our past determines our future. We had pre-colonial, colonial and
postcolonial eras in The Gambia. We also had the previous and present
regimes. There is a difference between reference and comparison.

God bless The Gambia!

S. S. Saidykhan.