GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 07:37:21 PST
Abdoulaye Saine,

Some of the contact addresses you requested are as follows:

US Embassy
Fajara
P.M.B. 19
Banjul
The Gambia

Tel: (220) 392 856 or (220) 392858
Fax: (220) 392 475
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

At the Washington DC based National Democratic Institute, you need to
contact Dr. Christopher Fumunyoh, who is the Director of the Africa
Department. His phone number is: 202 797 4791

British High Commission (Gambia)
48 Atlantic Road
Fajara
P.O.Box 507
Banjul
Tel: (220) 495133
     (220) 497590 (for visa)
Fax: (220) 496134 or 497583 for visa
Email: [log in to unmask]
Or email: [log in to unmask]

Delegation of The European Commision
10 Nelson Mandela Street
Banjul
Gambia
Tel: (220) 227777
Fax: (220) 226219

Postal address: P.O. Box 512
                Banjul
                The Gambia

At the Carter Centre, you need to try and contact Charles Costello.

Charles Costello
Director of Democracy Program
The Carter Centre
453 Freedom Parkway
Altanta, GA 30307
Email: [log in to unmask]

At the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office, one useful person to lobby or
contact is Baroness Scotland of Asthal QC. She is the Parliamentary Under
Secretary of State for Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs. By the way, Scotland
of Asthal is her real name and she is black.

Rev Jesse Jackson
President Rainbow coalition
930 East 50th Street
Chicago, IL 606615-2702
Tel: 773 373 3366
Fax:773 373 3571
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

I'll give you the rest of the addresses at another time.

Ebrima Ceesay

PS: By the way, Dr Saine, I am looking forward to reading your revised paper
on the Gambia's Foreign Policy. Arnold told me the other day that it would
be published during the summer.

He himself is presently working on a paper which will be a critical
look/assessment of Mr Jammeh's over 5 years in public office. The article is
going to be published in a special isssue of the Commonwealth Journal of
Democarcy, if I remember well.