GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:44:38 PDT
Gambia-lers,

I am back in The Gambia and i will give a full report on the situation. I
have spoken to almost all the authorities and i have also collected some
facts from the hospital and other offices. I have the name of all those who
were killed and where they come from.

The silence of the list managers on the choice of words of madiba and those
how supports the use of such language, is a testimony to the fact that there
rules set for the Anti-Jammeh camp which a different from the Pro-Jammeh
camp. I would not however respond by using such languages.

I will be in Atlanta for the July 4th so saul and others who cannot wait to
confront me in person, this is an opportunity. All my numbers are as follow:

Home: (220) 46 20 20
Office (220) 37 42 23
             37 39 12-8
Fax: (220) 37 42 42

I am not one of those who run away from problems or criticisms. You can call
me any time to insult or say whatever you want to. I learn from these things
and they only make my convictions stronger.

As for Jabou and the others, i have been a member of Amesty International
for decades. A fee paying member for that matter. I am the Baord of
Directors of Amnesty International Gambia on my merits. I never solicited
for the post.

I will give you guys an update and how i see the situation in the next few
hours.

PEACE

TOMBONG