GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:42:31 -0500
Gassama, why don’t you give people a break and stop playing victim each time
people try to straighten you out?  You ought to stop your annoying whining.
If you think that it was an ‘outburst’ for Kabir to ask you to stop lying
about him, then here’s a real outburst.  We have more than a million
Gambians held hostage by a Dictatorship in their own country.  We are sick
of hearing wimps like you complaining because people want to debunk your
lies.  The man told you that he is busy and that is why he does not want to
write.  Darn right he should be upset if you insinuate that he is a
‘fence-sitter’.  To people like you and Ousman Bojang that might be a good
word.  To others it shows a hypocrite and a snake.  You ought to be ashamed
of yourself to try and tell people that Gambians are NOT scared to criticize
the illegal regime we have back home.  You need not look far.  The Hajj is a
good example.  Did we hear you criticize the government this year when there
were delays?  I know! It is not the government’s fault.  But last year it
was the private operators’ fault.  If I wanted to catalog here the numerous
instances you were scared to criticize this government, it would take me a
whole day.  Take Emmanuel Joof for instance.  You claimed here that he was
your friend.  When the brother was being rail-roaded, did we ever hear you
make a single noise about that?  I know! You do NOT comment about other
people’s problems.  You are just pathetic.
KB