GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:37:44 +0100
Yero,

I am assuring you that I don't deal with personal issues, it is more certain
that I don't know who you are and for that reason it will be very wrong and
arrogant of me to hold your person in contempt. You will agree with me that we
learn more from issues and not on character assassination.
On the Ferries, your might see as very important in the debate to inform us of
the coming of the new Ferries, for me this is propaganda. Having this opinion
did not have anything to do with you as a person but the ideas that your
information represents. One of my very best friends for years, contestet the
last parliamentary elections for the APRC and he is a high level militant of
the party, I grew up to learn that, in that small country relating to each
other with respect, despite differences is of great importance. I pointed out
that the coming of the new Ferries is not what is important in this dicussion,
there are serious concern of the commuters that must be address if we are to
be save from such serious Ferry accident and that was, among other things, the
capacity to handle such accidents, eg life-saving jackets available and easily
accessible, etc. I said further that if the authorities had taken heed to the
concern of the commuters the accident would have been minimal.
 I never said that two ministers when to Ukraine just to get the Ferries, my
point was, what ever government assignment that sent these two minister to
poor Ukraine, it is not a wise way of using our poor resources and that if the
matter was so urgent for a high level delegation then one minister and a
secretary should be enough. This is my position on this issue.
The point on the NIA is the same, in all your discussions on the NIA, are you
not at one or another telling us that we have nothing to fear as long as we
are not a threat to national security? This was why I asked what is the
national crime so serious that Syngle Nassy and Yussufa Cham have committed
that gave the NIA so much energy and strength to torture these poor human
beings so inhuman and brutal, unless the Video I saw was false, manipulated.
No I have never taken part for any other security emergency  against the NIA.I
 never said that other National security agencies are better than the NIA,for
me it has never been a question of choosing.God bless us all.

For Freedom
Saiks