GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:22:48 EDT
Pa Modou Gassama aka Kebba Jobe,

Calm down, Brother! Your exposure was God-ordained! As a native of Niani, i'm
sure you remember very well the Mandingo proverb: MEENING MEENING TAFAL
TOENIA LEYBEY LABANGNA! So, throwing up childish tantrums and bewailing
imagined ingratitudes will only worsen the sorry and difficult state you've
landed yourself in since your cover was blown by Ebrima. The stock-in-trade
of a traitorous coward caught with his pants down is to protest from dawn
till dusk about his innocence; muttering all sorts of gibberish nonsense
about things that are not even in contest. Since your cover was blown, you
began prowling the corridors of Gambia-L with the hopes that you could
brow-beat subscribers into accepting that this is another case of mistaken
identity. As early as 05:26hrs GMT, you were online busy sending foolish
rebuttals. Evidence, if any were needed, of your edgy state of mind. Come off
it friend and do the decent thing! Be a man like Tombong! Or are you simply
scared of associating yourself with some of the loose comments you've made
here, especially against the APRC big wigs, when you were enjoying the
latitude of writing incognito? Comments like Isatou Njie Saidy being
responsible for the student massacre because she gave the orders to the
soldiers to open fire on the innocent students? Are you man enough to repeat
this in Njie Saidy's face? Do you now dare to look the likes of Baba Jobe in
the face and call them thugs? Gassama, when i think of the mess you are in
right now, a part of me feels for you. Perhaps, your hopes of succeeding
Bakary Njie as GAMTEL MD - which is the main reason behind your misguided and
ill-advised cyber activities - are forever dashed.

You see where dishonesty and cowardice eventually lands folks who are not
true to themselves? Your ambitions to be at the top warrants you to play a
moderate face in this List at the expense of accepting the culpability of
those who will eventually and officially approve you as Bakary Njie's
successor as GAMTEL MD. Perhaps, your fanatical and quixotic defense of
Jammeh's person might end up saving your tattered prospects of being GAMTEL
MD one day. I'm not holding my breath. My advice to you now is to get a grip
before you have a fatal nervous breakdown. For some equanimity and sense of
proportion, i've lifted a very beautiful dictum from Bishop Butler for you to
read and use as a Yoga chant like a Tibetan monk as you decide your next
moves:

"Things and actions are what they are, and their consequences will be what
they will be: why then should we seek to be deceived?" Bishop Butler

I hope you find Bishop Butler's dictum very useful, my dear. I hope during
these bleak moments of madness, uncertainty and panic, you wouldn't be
foolish to brave it alone. Get your folks involved. Or, as the great Saul
Khan would put it: Fess up, Pa Modou Gassama, fess up!

All the best,

Hamjatta Kanteh