GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
kebba daffeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 05:31:35 -0800
DATE:27 FEB 2001

     TO:Jabou [log in to unmask]

   FROM:[log in to unmask]

SUBJECT:RE: Discussion on the current political climate in The Gambia

Jabou,

Thanks for your positive and encouraging responce to my previous sending.

There are presently some allegations coming from certain quarters in The Gambia of people using the internet to tarnish the good image of our country.Such activities are deplorable if at all they exist.There is a need for maturity,responsibility and tolerance in electronic Communication.However i must be very quick to add that such basic guidelines should be equally applied to TV and RADIO communications in The Gambia where citizens are ocassionally subjected to threats of burials(up to six deep) and dismissals from their jobs(with the aid of a special broom).The exposals of the  denials of Gambian people their basic rights and liberties is not equal to tarnishing the good image of our country.All Gambians are oblige to defend the good name and image of The Gambia not only in the eyes of the outside world but also in the eyes of our own people who are still crying for justice after the brutal killings of their love ones last april.

The fact that you Gambians out there are being united by the love of our country and not by the hatred of any groups of individuals renewed my hopes for a better and more democratic Gambia.There is an ultimate need for national reconciliation and unity base on justice and forgiveness.

Daffeh