GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:10:25 EST
These sorts of statistic really scares me. They represent the vast majority
of the world population and a father of one of them I don't want my daughter
to fall in the bottom of the economic ladder simple because she is a woman.

Gender discrimination has to be stopped and the feminine movement must be
supported to help women become equal companions for a strong global
environment which shares resources not because of your gender but your
effectiveness to do you job as a person.

Equal pay for men and women for an equal days of work. We cannot embrace
diversity without honoring the contributions of women to society. Women are
abused daily, deprived of their rights to freedom, education, expression and
power sharing throughout the world while we boast of having the greatest
global achievement of any century.

The end f poverty for women everywhere will mean the end of child
malnutrition and infant-mortality the world over. It will mean better family
structures and long-lasting economic stability for all people. Equal
opportunity doesn't mean liberating women and coining them all terminology
associated with bigotry it simply means equal opportunity for an equal days
of work. It means freedom of expression and equal access to education.

Thank you Ylva for passing on these vital statistics.

Sincerely,
Matarr Sajaw.